mandag 4. februar 2013

Carving the Edges

 
 This time we were told to carve out a threshold picture of ourselves in lino. Since the light source is coming artificially from above and naturally from the right side of the photo, the shadows came out like this, much to my liking. I picked this picture out of the others mainly out of the expression it had.
 Now here came the tricky part; How the  kittens am I going to carve all those fine details?  I cant't find my scalpel anywhere, so I would have to settle with the school supplies.
Here I'm obviously halfway through.
I kept getting this feeling something would go wrong, and it did; My hairline got loose, I lost part of my nose and my mouth and my face got rounder. 

 Personally I prefer the one on the left, it's more interesting in the print than the one on the right. Though towards the assignment I chose the right one, since we are supposed to mass produce the print, and the distortion in the left one is not possible to recreate.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar